1/2 lb ground sausage (I used sweet Italian)
1/2 lb ground beef
6 Large peppers (I used red, yellow and orange but green is fine too)
1 Clove garlic
1 Onion, chopped
1 Cup cooked rice
1 Can mild Rotel
2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp pepper
1. In a large skillet, brown sausage, beef, garlic, and onion in oil.
2. Add the chopped parsley and cooked rice.
3. Stir in Ro-tel and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese (it will melt, it doesn’t matter).
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cut off the tops of peppers, and trim the bottom so they sit flat in your dish.
6. Chop scrap pepper tops and add to filling (optional, but I did it).
7. Place peppers in baking dish and stuff until full.
8. Drizzle peppers with olive oil.
9. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and take off the foil. Use remaining shredded cheese to top peppers, bake uncovered another 15 minutes.